Smoke Meat Pete
283 1ère Ave, L'Île-Perrot, QC J7V 5A1, Canada
My friends talked about this place while I was up there, and finally we all went for a nice lunch. The food was excellent, and the service was very prompt. The portions are great and the prices seemed reasonable. I would recommend going there for sure!
- Adam Werkmeister, 9/14/2019
I had the basic smoked meat sandwich combo, which comes with two pickle slices, fries, and coleslaw. The sandwich was excellent. The coleslaw was probably the best I've had at a restaurant.
There were some weird restaurant logistics/customer experience issues that knocked this from 5 stars down to 2 stars:
1. The only menus they have are on TV screens that also show ads for events they host. So you have to stand there for a few minutes to wait for the menu to appear, then frantically scan the 40 items to figure out what you want.
2. Although it's a sit-down restaurant, they make you order and pay on the way in. Typically, at a sit-down restaurant you eat then pay. This was inconvenient because we first had to enter the restaurant just to make sure there was a table available for our group, then come back out to the hallway to order.
3. Although it's a sit-down restaurant, they brought our food out when it was ready, instead of coordinating the food prep so that all the dishes were ready at the same time. This meant half of us had finished our meals while the other half were still waiting for their burgers. Which brings us to...
4. Burgers take 20 minutes to cook. We were not told this in advance and thought we had been forgotten.
I want to recommend this place because the smoked meat was so good, but I'm sure there are other restaurants that can cook just as well and provide a less bizarre customer experience at the same time.
- Harley Pellowe, 7/29/2019